';
Powered by Blogger.

Kitchen ready for inspection!

Finally the kitchen is ready for you to come over for a cup of extra strong coffee or a cold refreshing fruit smoothie. 

 100_9032

We can sit at our new built-in table. 

It's funny, but the items I love the most in this big renovation are the small items. I love our small family dining table.  I love a deep closet I have off the kitchen that is perfect for all my tablecloths. I hang them all in there, keeping them long so that there is no ironing needed when it comes time to use them. (Talk about being a Jewish version of Martha Stewart...).


 100_9044


The table in the foreground below is our old table. I had it refinished and had the chairs painted. I love how it came out!



100_9033 This is my little library. Lots of my art books, my craft books, my "things".


100_9071

and here's another one of my favorite things. The cabinets you see below are Anchor thread cabinets. We had our guys put four of them together on an Ikea base that happened to fit almost exactly. Then they put a piece of wood between the two rows of cabinets and painted it white to fill in the gap. Lastly they put a wood counter on top and I have the best darn cabinet a girl could ask for!

100_9062



100_9066


Tomorrow is Nina's 9th birthday and we opted for a small group of her very best friends, movies and dinner at Friendly's. She's been waking up this week telling me about her fast and excited heartbeats because she has a birthday coming up. Happy birthday to our most delightful, magical little big girl.

Have a wonderful weekend!



Front Range Stitcher  – (July 9, 2010 at 7:34 PM)  

Oh Orna, well worth the wait. This is just a lovely workspace to enjoy with family for years. All your choices are right on. Congratulations. Very clever incorporating the Anchor cabinets. What's for dinner? Happy Birthday Nina!

LIZ  – (July 11, 2010 at 10:15 AM)  

What a gorgeous kitchen! I'm so jealous.... And the Anchor cabinets are to die for!

michèle  – (August 19, 2010 at 9:19 AM)  

Bonjour à tous,
je suis vraiment désolée de ne pas pouvoir communiquer avec vous en français .
J'ai découvert la broderie sur canevas ( presqu'inconnue en France) et je suis devenue une passionnée.
Je vais commencer Cedar of Lebanon de Orna qui crée de si jolis modèles.
Est-ce que je dois travailler sur un cadre ? et lequel ?
Est-ce que quelqu'un parle français parmi vous ?
A bientôt ,j'espère.
Michèle

Post a Comment

About This Blog

©Orna Willis
All images, text, and content on this site are the sole property of Orna Willis and may not be used, copied or transmitted without the express consent of Orna Willis. Any other inquiries please email me at orna@ornadesign.com

Blog Archive