';
Powered by Blogger.

Collecting thoughts on collections

I love collections. I loved my stamp collection when I was a child. I graduated to collecting art glass much later and I cherish that collection. 

I think what I love most about collecting is that it is a visual of how one can become curious and captivated by something. It can be antique jewelry, or it can be drift wood.  It doesn't really matter. It's about something you love catching you somewhere inside, hooking on to you and all you can do is collect and follow.



7945-Beach_top_lg



 beach5


beach6



beach7



 Do you collect? Tell me about it.




deanna7trees  – (October 22, 2010 at 4:08 PM)  

I've collected fabric and beads for years. Lately I've been collecting old cloth, mostly from thrift shops around town in the form of pillowcases, sheets and old clothing. I love the look of the weave and the feel of the cloth. I am a stitcher but I have more cloth than I could use in a lifetime. I love to go through my collection sometimes and discover pieces of cloth I have no recollection of buying.
And of course, there are books and magazines that I can't part with.

Anonymous –   – (October 23, 2010 at 1:27 AM)  

Ducks ... plain and simple, ducks in every shape and form ... ceramics, plastic/rubber, jade, pottery, stuffed ... if there's a duck within 100 paces, I'll be able to sniff it out in a store - which always brings a laugh from my Mum when we go shopping! Even at the tender age of 44, I still release a little excited "Duckies!" when I spy one on the horizon, and my pace quickens :P

Orna Willis  – (October 23, 2010 at 3:46 AM)  

Isn't it wonderful that you still get excited about something you've collected for years. That's what I love about it. Good luck duck hunting!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

©Orna Willis
All images, text, and content on this site are the sole property of Orna Willis and may not be used, copied or transmitted without the express consent of Orna Willis. Any other inquiries please email me at orna@ornadesign.com

Blog Archive