';
Powered by Blogger.

Photographs that make you cry.




I think I've come to the age of in-between.  I'm old enough to see photos of myself as a little girl and remember that many of them were black and white back then. I'm old enough to have a little granddaughter and think about the lessons I want to teach her, the memories I'd like to give her.  I'm young enough to not realize, at first, that the face I see reflecting in the store window is Me.  I'm young enough to still be pleased when my mother says I look nice.  I'm in-between. Maybe that's why this website hit me right in the stomach, right in the heart.  It made me sad,  but a beautiful kind of sad. 

It's called Dear Photograph.  It's a place where people post photographs they took in the exact spot of a photograph taken years and years earlier.  The photograph usually has someone they love, maybe themselves,  in it.  It's held up in the exact same spot and a photograph is taken of the two photographs together.  Then, the present day photographer writes a little note to the photograph, hence:  Dear Photograph.  Confused?  Just surf on over there and get the twinge in your heart that I did.  It's sad, beautifully sad.




Post a Comment

About This Blog

©Orna Willis
All images, text, and content on this site are the sole property of Orna Willis and may not be used, copied or transmitted without the express consent of Orna Willis. Any other inquiries please email me at orna@ornadesign.com

Blog Archive