';
Powered by Blogger.

Minimalism? Don't think so...

  •  I've been a bit obsessed with Mongolia, the dress, the art, and the features of the Mongolian women.  While looking at images of the beauty of Mongolia, I came across other native women's wear as well as Haute couture that seemed to feed off of these looks.

  • From Mongolia I went on to Uzbekistan and Azerbaijan.  Both countries are part of the former Soviet Republic however they have a great Far East influence.

  • Fashion from places like Bahrain, Mongolia and Guatemala.  I can't help but see a common thread, pun intended...





  •  The colors and decorations adorning these women, all mesmerizing. 





  •  Photos from VOGUE Brazil, fashion influenced by Mongolian attire.



  •  French fashion, an interpretation of "Tribal" looks.


  •  Mongolian couture from designer Bold Ochirjantsan.


  •  After admiring the celebration of clothing from these wonderful corners of the earth, I'm afraid minimalism just doesn't do it for me!

 







Anonymous –   – (February 1, 2013 at 7:08 PM)  

Orna- you might enjoy a website by a friend of mine-

http://www.wovensouls.com/

She has remarkable items that she has obtained in her travels and is a unbelievably gifted photographer.

KarenW

Orna Willis  – (February 2, 2013 at 6:10 AM)  

WOW, I just spent loads of time going over the beautiful items and reading her blog. Thank you for the referral!
Maybe I can save up to buy one of the lovely baby hats she has on her site.
O

Post a Comment

About This Blog

©Orna Willis
All images, text, and content on this site are the sole property of Orna Willis and may not be used, copied or transmitted without the express consent of Orna Willis. Any other inquiries please email me at orna@ornadesign.com

Blog Archive