- It's funny how when I'm loud people tell me to be quiet. But when I'm quiet, people ask me what's wrong with me.
- Missing you comes in waves. Tonight I'm drowning.
- When a person tells you that you hurt them, you don't get to decide that you didn't.
- Actually, I can.
- In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
- People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
Next week I will be making my way to Madison Wisconsin to give a workshop. The first evening, before the beginning of class, I am going to give a talk about Geometrics. I've been prepping for the talk, drawing examples, cutting felt to show shapes on a felt board, preparing notes, but there is one question that keeps coming up in my mind, and that is Why Do I Like Geometrics?
I've always gravitated to this type of needlepoint. I think the first reason, and maybe the most magical, is the process of seeing a blank canvas become a work of art, right before my eyes. There is nothing on that blank ground material, and slowly bits and pieces start forming. Sometimes they start at the middle and fan outwards, sometimes they are random, but the process is always the same, giving birth to something from nothing. Magic.
So, do you love geometrics? Do you prefer them to... painted canvas? Will you share your reasons? I'd love to hear from you!