';
Powered by Blogger.

Me being philosophical - may be worth reading...

It's not like me to talk about religion and belief in a higher power.  I feel it's a very personal part of our souls, and I choose to keep it there.  But, (of course this was coming...), I have been thinking of one of my favorite traditional melodies, that is sung to the words of Rabbi Nachman of Breslov, who was the founder of the Breslov Hasidic dynasty.  Even if you don't have a clue what I'm talking about, I think the words associated to this wise man are profound:

"All the world is a very narrow bridge, and the most important thing is not to be overwhelmed by fear."

What is it that characterizes a very narrow bridge?  Standing on it, there is nowhere to run, any one mistake can be fatal, and as you stand there, you are alone.  And yet, what is a worse enemy than standing on that narrow bridge above the unknown? It is fear itself.  Fear distracts you, paralyzes you, brings on thoughts of dangers that don't really exist.  So as you stand there the most important thing is not to watch where you go, to walk slowly, or to not look down.  The most important thing is not to be overwhelmed with fear.  I used to sing this song to Shiri and Nina when they were little, it seems like such a great lesson to try and pass on to the next generation.  

I've stamped a new necklace with the words: Vehaikar Lo Lefached Klal meaning, the most important thing is not to be afraid.  


A small dagger shaped stone hangs from the top of the bar, complementing the message of strength. 

At my Etsy shop HERE!


(I hope you didn't mind that little it of philosophy...)😘



Unknown  – (March 25, 2017 at 7:09 AM)  

Hi Orna, personnally I don't mind at all your philosophical thought of the day. What you write here is very interesting and very true. I do think it should be my "moto" for these months ahead. This quote by Rabbi Nachman of Breslov reminds me of what Saint John Paul the 2nd said on the day of his election as a pope "don't be afraid".
Before wishing you a beautiful sunday, may I ask if you received my email in which I tried to give you some interesting addresses regarding your stay in Paris next april ?
All the best.
Véronique.

Orna Willis  – (March 25, 2017 at 12:42 PM)  

Yes I did, Veronique! Thank you very much!! I even checked them out online so I'm hoping to be able to visit at least a few of them, time permitting.
Thanks again!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

©Orna Willis
All images, text, and content on this site are the sole property of Orna Willis and may not be used, copied or transmitted without the express consent of Orna Willis. Any other inquiries please email me at orna@ornadesign.com

Blog Archive