';
Powered by Blogger.

News I have waited patiently to tell you...

Today I had the most amazing experience, and the great honor of being at the Philadelphia Convention Center for the installation of 3 of my pieces which are now a part of the permanent collection of the City of Philadelphia. 
Back in March I received a call from the Management of the Convention Center letting me know that they decided to purchase three of my pieces: Shields of Life: Valour, Temperament and Tessellations, as part of their new art collection.  As this unfolded I was afraid to share it with anyone.  I felt I needed to wait until I actually saw the pieces in their new location. Today it happened.



There is a plaque with my short bio and the inspiration behind each of the pieces in the making.  In the meantime if you are in the vicinity of the Philadelphia Convention Center, on the Terrace Level across the street from the Philadelphia Academy of the Fine Arts, I would love for you to see the pieces on the wall dedicated to my work.  

I am beyond humbled and honored!

Melitastitches4fun  – (June 20, 2017 at 11:14 AM)  

Very exciting news! Congratulations and well deserved.

Uli Day  – (June 20, 2017 at 1:17 PM)  

Love your work, wonderful to see that it will be admired by many.

needle-artist  – (June 20, 2017 at 1:44 PM)  

Congratulations Orna. I still love your designs and the colors you use. Beautiful.

Unknown  – (June 20, 2017 at 1:52 PM)  

Fantastic news. Congratulations!

FATHER B –   – (June 20, 2017 at 2:03 PM)  

Mazel Tov!

Unknown  – (June 20, 2017 at 6:34 PM)  

Wahoo!! From a fellow Philadelphian !

KarenW

Post a Comment

About This Blog

©Orna Willis
All images, text, and content on this site are the sole property of Orna Willis and may not be used, copied or transmitted without the express consent of Orna Willis. Any other inquiries please email me at orna@ornadesign.com

Blog Archive