';
Powered by Blogger.

My weekend ...

I have 5 drawers full of designs that have never been introduced.  I seem to be in a constant catching up when charting and writing instructions are involved. I haven't visited these drawers in a long while.  This morning I took a peek.  If only (!!!!) I had another me who could just write and chart. 


*    *    *    *    *    *


There is a verse in the Old Testament that I think is so smart, (there are many smart verses).

What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; 

there is nothing new under the sun. (Ecclesiastes 1:9)


I am a HUGE believer in this verse, in regards to almost any aspect of life; what has been done will be done again.  I love reading and pouring over older art books. Each time I do I will realize that what I thought to be modern and new in our times, has been done before!  Have you looked at needlepoint books from the 60s and 70s. What creativity, what modernity!  It really keeps me humble and puts me in my place.

BUT, (you knew there was a but, right?), each of us still has our personal signature.  We may mix the known in a different way, we may turn things upside down, we may add our special touch and with that maybe not create something new, but create something that is of us, is ours.  It is such a great compliment when people tell me that they recognized one of my designs right away! I have heard people say: oh, that's an Orna.  I love that!  I have no illusions of being a great artist, I am what I am, I bring what I hold inside.

Have a wonderful weekend, my friends!


Anonymous –   – (March 23, 2015 at 10:24 AM)  

I loved your post, Orna :)Joanne

Post a Comment

About This Blog

©Orna Willis
All images, text, and content on this site are the sole property of Orna Willis and may not be used, copied or transmitted without the express consent of Orna Willis. Any other inquiries please email me at orna@ornadesign.com

Blog Archive