';
Powered by Blogger.

Finally I can show you!!

ANG Seminar of 2012 will be in Philadelphia!  Yea!!  To top it off, ANG will be celebrating a 40 year anniversary.  I was so very excited when I found this out and immediately sat down to design a piece to be taught at Seminar.  It's called "My City, My Skyline".  Now, can I be honest?  I LOVE this piece.  It's very different, it's a combination of all sorts of materials, it's three- dimensional and it includes finishing done by the stitcher.  When it's done it is ready to hang. 

This photo shows all the fiber colors.  What a rainbow, eh? At the bottom of the photo you see the acrylic blocks especially designed and sized for the piece. They are used to bring dimension to each segment of the city. 

 

 
The entire composition is placed on 3/4" artist board, ready for hanging.  Also students will receive a sepia colored photograph of the Philadelphia skyline to place on the artist board and under the stitched pieces.  Check out the buildings in the sepia photo and their stitched interpretation. 


Hang the completed piece on your wall, give it the right lighting, and the city will come to life!



I'd love to see you in this class. 


Susan  – (September 4, 2011 at 7:39 AM)  

That is amazing! I envy anyone that can take that class.

Anonymous –   – (September 6, 2011 at 9:38 AM)  

Orna,
I love it! I can recognize most of the buildings.
As soon as they open class registration, I'll be first in line for it.
-Lynn in southern NJ

Orna Willis  – (September 6, 2011 at 10:58 AM)  

thanks so much!! I'm really excited about this piece.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

©Orna Willis
All images, text, and content on this site are the sole property of Orna Willis and may not be used, copied or transmitted without the express consent of Orna Willis. Any other inquiries please email me at orna@ornadesign.com

Blog Archive