>> October 25, 2013 – artists process, color, experimenting, fiber art, new designs, silk thread, thoughts, threads
Have you ever tried to Google: Fiber Thread what is the difference ? I was surprised to see eight entries having to do with computers before any entry about our fibers and threads! (Fibers. A fiber is a unit of execution that must be manually scheduled by the application. Fibers run in the context of the threads that schedule them. Each thread ... Blah Blah Blah)
Anyway, I was going to talk about threads that I use in my designs. After 16 (+ -) years of stitching I've pretty much come up with my regulars:
- Caron Collection Watercolours and Waterlilies
- Gloriana Stranded Silk, Princess Perle and Princess Perle Petite
- Planet Earth Stranded Silk
- Threadworx Overdye Floss
- Needlepoint Inc. Stranded Silk
- Edmar Lola, Frost and Nova
- Rainbow Gallery Neon Rays, Neon Rays+, Very Velvet, Hi-Lights, Pebbly Perle
- Access Commodities Trebizond, Soie Perlee, Bijoux, Accentuate
- DMC Floss and Perle Variations
- Kreinik 1/16" Ribbon, # 4, #8 and #12 Braid (late addition, thank Jane for bringing that to my attention!)
There are a few more here and there but these are the mainstay. As a designer and a provider of kitted designs, I must try to take into account that I need to stock and store any threads I use. Quite frankly that means I need to have lots of money and lots of good storage solutions. There is a limit to both so I try to restrain from incorporating all the other wonderful threads out in the marketplace nowadays. I don't feel I am limiting my creative abilities, I have many, many options and my storage space is busting at the seams.
However... if you had to suggest one, (OK, maybe two), threads that you highly recommend, ones that have this special quality like no other, what would you suggest? I might be able to s t r e t c h my space just a little bit more...
Waiting to hear from you